Snapchat is a popular social networking service with a massive follower base worldwide. The Snapchat app has evolved beyond expectations in a short span of 10 years. The Snapchat app is still one of the popular platforms to share messages, images, chat online, videos, stories, and relevant content with your friends. The platform continues to excite fans by continually adding new features. We are talking about the Snapchat public profile, which allows users to switch their standard profile to public, creating shareable and viral content. Today, we will talk about how to make a Public Profile on Snapchat to make the most out of this incredible social platform.
Table of Contents
What is a Public Profile on Snapchat?
A Public profile lets users showcase their skills and share videos, photos, or other content with a massive audience on the platform. These profiles were already available on the Snapchat forum but were limited to celebrities and content creators. If you have a Public Profile on Snapchat, you will also connect with your fans and discoverable in the App.
A Public Profile on your current account allows you to post content differently; users can use it to promote their talent or make exciting content.
Eligibility Criteria for a Snapchat ‘Public Profile’
The easy part is to make the essential tier 1 public profile on Snapchat for regular users with a couple of months old account. However, if you would like to form a public profile tier 2, you ought to have a minimum of 5000 Subscribers then apply for Snapchat’s public profile program with the assistance of Google Form accessible on their website.
How to make a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Initially, the Snapchat public profile tier 1 account is made by going public first through a current profile. Let us look at the process in the following steps:
Step1. Going Public
• To begin, head to the My Profile section by tapping on Bitmoji or Story icon.
• Further, it would help to tap on the three-dot icon next to Add to SnapMap under the Stories section.
• Once done, a new screen with profile details will appear. It would be best to touch on the Gear icon in the top right corner of your screen. The options are that you need to set are:-
1. Contact Me: Everyone
2. Send Me Notifications: Everyone
3. View My Story: Everyone
4. See My Location: My Friends
5. Use My Cameos Selfie: Everyone
6. See Me in Quick Add: Turned On
The process will initiate with a simple tap, and the profile will e changed to public. A few on-screen prompts will appear to explain what a Public Profile change involves and other formalities, such as their name becoming visible with shared Snaps.
After changing all the settings of Snapchat, close it and start all over again. Now, your profile will become a public account on Snapchat, and your friends and other users will see you in suggestions.
Step2. Make a Public Profile
• Open your profile by opening the Snapchat App
• As per the present version of the App, the features will be seen in an option called ‘Add to Snap Map’ under the ‘Stories’ section.
• You need to click on the ‘3-dot’ icon near the option and then click to ‘Create Public Profile.’
• Now, all the new features will add to Tier 1 Public Profile on Snapchat App.
• Next, tap on ‘Continue’ at the end of your screen
• continues further. Click on the ‘Get Started’ button on the screen.
• A disclaimer will be displayed to create a Public Profile; hit on ‘Create’ to proceed to the last step.
A ‘Settings’ page will open, and then Tap on ‘Public Profiles’ with a new “My Public Profile” to get started with a new profile.
Features of Public Profile on Snapchat
You have access to different features when you have access to a Snapchat account with a Public Profile. The following is a quick and easy detailed analysis of features available with a Public Profile.
• You can add a Photograph, Description, Highlights, Bio, Location, and Lenses to your Public Profile
• Location: You can share your current location with fans and followers.
• Business Type: Also, you can select from the business categories, and you have 150 characters to tell your audience about your brand.
• Subscribe Button: Your audience clicks to subscribe to your page, and the App shows your Subscriber Count.
• Verified Status: Once verified, a yellow check will appear next to their name, signaling audiences are interacting with the official brand account.
• Website Link: Also, you can add a link to your landing page or website, allowing Snapchat users to click through to particular offers or products.
Official Link:- make a Public Profile on Snapchat
A public profile on Snapchat permits users to list and display their stories on the Discover tab in Snapchat. Through the SnapMap, anyone in the world can click the location and view all the stories in your area. Anyone can send you or contact you through friend requests. You can also navigate your settings and disable the public profile by following the same process. I hope you have learned How to make a Public Profile on Snapchat. Please do keep visiting for more posts like these in the future.