Of course, there comes a time when you want to disconnect from your social platform, and not just temporarily. More than ever, people are choosing to ditch their social media presence to lead a less culture-focused online life. Whether you’re trying to protect future aspects of your job by deleting your Instagram account, or you’re trying to reach for your phone a little less, deleting your social media accounts permanently can lead to a healthier life. In this article, we will learn about how to delete Instagram account.
Deleting your Instagram account permanently may seem like an important step, but if you’re ready to break free from your profile and have some free time in your life, it’s easy to achieve. Let’s talk about how to delete your Instagram account permanently.
If you’ve had enough of Instagram, you can either delete or deactivate your account. Keep reading to learn all the steps for deleting your Instagram account or deactivating your Instagram account if you want the option of reactivating your Instagram account.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Instagram Account?
To delete your Instagram account permanently, follow these easy steps:
- Firstly, log in to your account on the Instagram site.
- Go to the ‘Delete Your Account’ Instagram page. Select your reason for leaving from the dropdown list.
- Now enter your password and click ‘Permanently delete my account.’
- Your Instagram account has now been deleted.
How to Delete Instagram Account on iPhone?
You can follow these suggestions on how to delete your Instagram account on your iPhone.
- First of all open Safari or any other web browser on your iPhone.
- Go to https://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent.
- Here, you will log in to your Instagram account using your handle, email, phone number, and password.
- Now, log in to Instagram in a web browser.
- Once you are logged in, you will be asked to answer why you choose to delete your Instagram account via a dropdown menu. In the dropdown menu, select the reason for deletion.
- You will be asked to re-enter your password. Once that is accomplished, click on “Permanently delete my account” at the bottom.
- Once you re-enter your password, you can delete your account.
- The last screen before your account is permanently deleted will ask you if you’re sure. If so, tap “OK”.
- Click “OK,” and your Instagram account will be deleted permanently.
- This will permanently delete your account, which means you can never reaccess it. If this sounds too much to you, you can also disable your account, which will hide it from public view until you decide to log in again.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account Permanently?
- Visit the official Instagram site, and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile picture in the top right, click or tap on your profile, and then “Edit Profile.”
- Scroll down, then click on “Temporarily disable my account” in the bottom right of your screen.
- “Why do you disable your account?” Pick the reason for deactivating your Instagram account from the dropdown menu. Also, re-enter your password.
- Click on “Temporarily disable an account.”
You must be logged into Instagram to delete your account. So, if you have an old Instagram account that you want to delete but can’t remember your password, you’ll need to restore the Instagram account first before deleting it.
To recover your Instagram account, go to the Instagram login page and click ‘Forgot your password?’ Click on the next screen and enter your email address, phone number, or username to request the login link. If you do not remember the details with which you opened the account or the login link does not come up, you need to click on ‘Need more help’ and follow the suggestions given.
Instagram says that it will delete Instagram account and information for 30 days after the request to delete your account. You will no longer be capable of recovering your information. “Once the deletion process starts, it may take up to ninety days to finish. Copies of your Content may remain in backup after 90 days, which we may use in the event of a disaster, software error, or any other data loss.” Let us recover in the event of an incident,” Instagram wrote on its support page.
Official Link:- https://help.instagram.com/370452623149242